James R. Urbaniak, MD
Patients with postcollapse, predegenerative osteonecrosis of the femoral head appear to benefit from free vascularized fibular grafting, with good overall survival of the joint, and significant improvement in the Harris hip score.
In this JBJS/VJO Video Supplement, James R. Urbaniak, M.D., provides a detailed review of his surgical procedure. There is no other video available which covers this procedure in more depth.
- Incision Planning
- Hip Exposure and Vascular Vessel Isolation
- Harvest Fibular Graft
- Core Decompression
- Fibular Graft Preparation and Insertion
Click on any of the images below for a larger view:
See the Corresponding JBJS Article:
- Jay R. Lieberman, Daniel J. Berry, Michael A. Montv, Roy K. Aaron, John J. Callaghan, Amar Rayadhyaksha, and James R. Urbaniak
- Osteonecrosis of the Hip: Management in the Twenty-first Century .
J. Bone Joint Surg. Am., May 2002; 84: 834 – 853. [Article]
- Total Run Time: 56:59 minutes
- Catalog Number: 4062
- VJO Publication Date: September, 2003