Gregory P. Nicholson, MD
In some studies, the outcome of surgical treatment of occupational impingement syndrome has been inferior to that of non-occupational impingement syndrome. However, in this present study, Gregory P. Nicholson, M.D., et. al., found no significant difference. In this video supplement to his paper, several surgical "pearls" are demonstrated as well as utilization of the posterolateral portal for better visualization.
- Work Demand Level vs Return to Work Time
- Pearls on Patient Positioning
- Utilizing the Posterolateral Portal
- Avoiding Complications
- Dealing with Associated Pathology
See the Corresponding JBJS Article:
- Gregory P. Nicholson
- Arthroscopic Acromioplasty: A Comparison Between Workers’ Compensation and Non-Workers’ Compensation Populations.
J. Bone Joint Surg. Am., Apr 2003; 85: 682 – 689. [Article]
- Total Run Time: 39:14 minutes
- Catalog Number: 7049
- VJO Publication Date: December, 2003