Domenick J. Sisto, MD
Treatment for isolated patellofemoral arthritis is controversial and there are few published results in the literature to help define appropriate treatment. Dr. Domenick J. Sisto of Sherman Oaks, CA., has long been an advocate of patellofemoral replacement. He uses a custom prosthesis utilizing CT scan technology which constructs a 3-D model of the patient's femoral groove. In this video supplememt to his JBJS article, Dr. Sisto explains how this device reduces problems often seen with "off-the-shelf" designs and demonstrates the surgical technique.
- Benefits of a Custom Implant
- Avoiding Complications
- Preoperative Planning
- Postoperative Protocol
Click on any of the images below for a larger view:
See the Corresponding JBJS Article:
- Domenick J. Sisto and Vineet K. Sarin.
- Custom Patellofemoral Arthroplasty of the Knee.
J Bone Joint Surg Am 2006;88:1475-1480. [Article]
- Domenick J. Sisto and Vineet K. Sarin
- Custom Patellofemoral Arthroplasty of the Knee. Surgical Technique
J. Bone Joint Surg. Am., Sep 2007; 89: 214 – 225. [Article]
- Total Run Time: 26:54 minutes
- Catalog Number: 5099
- VJO Publication Date: June, 2006