Dror Paley, MD
External fixation holds obvious advantages over traditional surgical techniques for correction of complex deformities. Dr. Dror Paley profiles steps necessary to achieve fixation in a 3-D application to the foot in this special segment for the experienced external fixation surgeon. A patient suffering from Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease is presented to illustrate key principles.
Steps are profiled for equinus, varus, equinovarus, adductus and cavus corrections. Postoperative adjustments of the fixator to achieve the desired corrections are discussed.
- Paley D Principles of foot deformity correction: Ilizarov technique In: Operative Foot Surgery W.B. Saunders Company 1994
- Paley D Correction of complex foot deformities using Ilizarov's distraction osteotomies Clin Orthop Related Research 1993;293:97-111
- Herzenberg J, Paley D Ilizarov applications in foot and ankle surgery Advances in Orthop Surg 1992;16(3)
- Total Run Time: 15:35 minutes
- Catalog Number: 1021
- VJO Publication Date: December, 1997